her•e•tic (hµr“¹-t¹k) n. 1. A person who holds controversial opinions, especially one who publicly dissents from the officially accepted dogma of the Roman Catholic Church. (The American Heritage Dictionary)
Actually, I am a complete heretic as I not only do not accept the dogma of the Roman Catholic Church, I do not accept the dogma of any Church that I have or do attend!
1. The Tithe – Every Church that I have attended taught that the Israelites in the Old Testament were to give ten percent back to God every year. That is totally false and a study of tithing, using only God’s Word and not anyone else’s word will prove me correct.
2. The Trinity – Then there is The Trinity. God says over and over that there is only one God. Men, who do not yet understand the Word of God, and do not admit they do not yet understand, have invented a way to say there are actually three Gods! It is true that the concept can be argued, but not if you believe the Word of God, when it/He says there is only one God.
(Isa 43:10-11 NIV) “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.
(Isa 43:15 NIV) I am the LORD, your Holy One, Israel’s Creator, your King.”
(Isa 45:21 NIV) Declare what is to be, present it– let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me.
3. Prayer – Scripture says do not pray in public, but I am surrounded with people that pray in public! They seem to think that they know more than God! They do not realize that praying, when done properly, is really listening to God, not talking to Him! It is a conversation with God and we should listen much more than speak. Public praise for God is certainly correct and should always be done, but that is praise and should be called what it is and not called prayer.
4. Country – I live in the United States. Almost all of my Christian brothers and sisters believe that we must determine the best candidate and vote him or her into office or the Country is lost! God says that He is in control of the kingdoms (governments) of this world and that He sets over them the lowliest of men (Dan 4:17 & Rom 13:1). My brothers do not believe God!
5. Teachers – God says we should not be called teacher (Mat 23:10), but every preacher claims to be one. The flock listens to the preacher, but no one understands everything and so the flock is led astray.
6. Baptism – There are those that say baptism is not necessary for salvation! I would ask the same question Jesus asked “baptism—where did it come from?”
7. Vows and pledges – God says it is better not to make a vow (Deu 23:21-23, Eccl 5:4&5), but my brothers say that we should make vows to give money to the Church!
8. Iron sharpens iron – Only a Christian with no understanding of the art of sharpening would say that iron sharpens iron. They would be laughed out of any place where swords are sharpened. By the way, I spent seven years trying to teach that iron does not sharpen iron and was not successful one time, so do not try to convince me that it can, because I will not respond. I will remove any comment that tries to, so that the error is not spread. At least not by me.
9. Politics – same as Country, God is in charge and for me to vote would prove, by my actions, that I did not believe Him. I do believe my Father, therefore I will not vote.
10. Church – My brothers and sisters place their faith in church, but the church is only people, not God. The church can save no one. Only God can save.
11. Understanding – (Prov 4:7 NIV) Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
Understanding is not given from the mouth of a man. (Prov 2:6 NIV) For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
We were given the Holy Spirit when we were baptized to teach us all things (1 John 2:27- John 14:26). God speaks to us through Scripture, not through man.
Yes, I am only a man, but I am not saying that I have the answers. I have only questions, but if you consider my statements, using Scripture, not man, to guide you. You will sound just like me.
Do what God says (Prov 2:1-6 NIV) My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God. For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
I wish there were more heretics in this world.